Synchronisation between the upper and lower parts of the engine
If the timing belt breaks, the consequences for your engine are severe.
To ensure this does not happen, it is important to respect the vehicle’s maintenance programme and replace the belt at the recommended age or mileage, whichever comes first.
Anticipate the risks
A worn timing belt can break causing severe engine damage. Often, when warning signs appear, it is already too late resulting in engine failure. Expensive repairs may result. It is therefore important to anticipate and think about your timing belt if your vehicle:
- Is more than 5 years old
- Has covered over 60,000 miles
You can replace your timing belt at your nearest Renault Dealer. Our experts are here to advise you.
Good to know
A broken timing belt may cause irreversible damage to your engine.
It is very important to maintain your vehicle as recommended by Renault and respect the recommended replacement intervals.
To maximise the life of your engine, we recommend that you:
- Follow the maintenance schedule for your vehicle
- Change your timing belt and accessories as a preventative measure over 60,000 miles, or every 5-7 years, even if the mileage is not reached
When you entrust us with the maintenance of your timing belt, you will benefit from a complete package to suit your vehicle. A team of specialised technicians will take care of your vehicle.
You + Your Renault
Leave your car in the hands of Renault experts and benefit from:
- Clear transparent offers, so no surprises
- Respect for the environment with the reprocessing of oils and the oil filter
- The expertise of our teams
- 1 Year Parts and Labour Warranty on all services
- Peace of mind from the use of Genuine Renault Parts